April Picks!

Here's a new, hopefully ongoing feature at Horror Movie A Day, suggested by Chris, who has the distinction of being my first non-person-I-told-to-read-it regular reader! Each 1st or 2nd day of the month, I will post the names of the two best and two worst movies I saw the previous month (one "new", one "old"). That will hopefully help you poor souls who only watch a couple movies a month make an informed decision (and by informed I mean - agreeing with me, which no one should ever do).

Enjoy!

(NOTE - by "new" I mean a film released on DVD or in theaters within that month or very late in the month before, and old is anything before that and widely available on DVD. Movies that are not yet or no longer widely available are ineligible.)

APRIL 2008

BEST NEW MOVIE: The Ruins
BEST OLD MOVIE: The Pit

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Mulberry St, Black House, Bedlam, The Sadist


WORST NEW MOVIE: Grizzly Park
WORST OLD MOVIE: Scarecrow Slayer

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Lake Dead, Loch Ness Terror



5 comments:

  1. no way is he the first non-provoked reader of this site. i've totally checked this place out nearly every day since at least august of last year.

    too bad i dont have a blogger account, my legacy will live in anonymous infamy.

    whatever, keep it up, you're my second favorite website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno... I got comments from him at least as far back as May of 07... but yeah, August was definitely when a bunch of folks came on board, due to the 1-2 punch of blogger putting it as one of the 'blogs of note' and the Halloween review (which is still the first thing that comes up when you search for 'horror movie a day').

    And I am honored to be your number two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Anonymous" (if that IS your real name)...you can be his number one if you need to be. I'm perfectly content to be #2. People call me that all the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the "Best" section the only one I saw was "The Ruins", but I don't really remember it. <.<

    But I'm happy to know that "Lake Dead" is in the "Worst" section. I've never seen the whole thing, but every time I saw it, it was just awful. I do sort of remember "Scarecrow Slayer". Mostly the cover, though. xD

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google